Our BPS Members March 11th field trip will be to the Kings County Distillery at the Brooklyn Navy Yard. It is located in the first building after the gatehouse. We will go on a 45 minute tour that begins at 4:00. The leader will tell us about the history, culture, and science of distilling whiskey. After it’s over, the Head Distiller and Production Manager, Ryan Ciuchta, will take us on a private tour of the area where the whiskeys are made. We are free to photograph although I doubt that we can use tripods. For those who are interested, the tasting room is open until 10 p.m. The cost of a tour is $14. Please get your ticket beforehand on the website www.kingscountydistillery.com. Identification is required to enter the Navy Yard. Let Elaine know if you are going!
All Competitions and Presentations will be held virtually this year!
Saturday, Sept. 12th- Laurie Klein on Infrared Photography!
Here are the themes for our 2020-2021 Season Theme competitions
- September 2020: I’m so bored I tried this( Photo experimentation)
- October 2020: Color Purple
- November 2020: Tabletop Setups
- December 2020: Wide Angles
- January 2021: String Instruments
- February 2021: Industrial Decay
- March 2021: Dot/Dashes/Diagonals
- April 2021: Metal